Last Updated and Effective as of September 11, 2022
IntroChicago.com (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://introchicago.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Depending on your use of our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and other statistics (“Usage Data”).
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include a unique anonymous identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
– Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
– Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
– Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
IntroChicago.com uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Legal Requirements: IntroChicago.com may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on our website.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Examples of such service providers we use include e-mail delivery services and cloud storage providers.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
You further acknowledge and agree that IntroChicago.com shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
##Your Choices Regarding Personal Data
You may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
- See what data we have about you if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verified parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Information for Users Outside the United States
The Site is hosted in the United States and is intended for and directed to users in the United States. If you are accessing the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, processed, and used in the United States, where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of your country of residence. By using this Site or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States
Information We Collect About You
IntroChicago.com collects information about you when you use the Site, register for an account, subscribe to our newsletter or other promotional materials, participate in surveys or contests, fill out forms, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, and when you otherwise interact with us. The types of information we collect about you include:
- Contact Information: We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and other contact information.
- Payment Information: If you make a purchase on the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment method information. All payment information collected by IntroChicago.com is transmitted to our payment processor through a secure connection.
- Demographic Information: We may collect information about you, such as your age, gender, zip code, and other demographic information.
- Preference Information: We may collect information about your preferences and interests.
- Usage Information: We automatically collect certain information about how you use the Site, including the type of browser you are using, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using to access the Site, including the type of device, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request IntroChicago.com for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that IntroChicago.com correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that IntroChicago.com complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that IntroChicago.com erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that IntroChicago.com restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to IntroChicago.com’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that IntroChicago.com transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.